Fractal Farm Help - Children Frame
The Children screen is where the offspring of the Parent IFS are generated and displayed. It includes the following features:
Here are a few subtleties about the system:
- Mate Button: This button will produce twelve offspring from the Mother and Father IFS. Clicking it when one or both parents are undefined will have no effect. Clicking it when there are already Children on the screen will replace them with a new litter.
- Refresh Button: Recalculates and redraws all twelve of the current Chidren. This is useful when you've altered one or more in the Readout screen.
- Mother and Father Buttons: Replace the selected parent with the applicable Child. Note that this eliminates the current Parent from memory, so if you like it, print its IFS or Save it in the Parent frame.
- You may find that an image has a small number of points a substantial distance away from the main body of the fractal, which reduces the effective magnification. Using the Save feature one or two times may eliminate the "tail" by refining the selection of starting points, and thus result in the program zooming in on the main body of the fractal.
- If you have Child you want to keep but you want to continue working with the current Parents
- Save one of the parents (if they aren't already saved in the system),
- replace that parent with the child of your choice by using the Mother or Father button,
- save the new parent (originally the child), and then
- click New and Load the original parent.